- Stand with your legs in a split position, with your right foot forward about 2 to 3 feet.
- Hold a dumbbell in your left hand and press it straight overhead.
- Place your other hand on your hip.
- Lower the weight to your shoulder while simultaneously dropping your hips down and back into a split squat position.
- When your back knee is just off the floor, push back up to a standing position while pressing the weight overhead.
- Complete all your repetitions on one side before switching sides and repeating to the other side.
- Do not let your front knee slide forward past your toes or collapse to the inside.
You Should Feel It
- Working your entire body.
© Core Performance
Abbott Nutrition strongly recommends that you consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program and perform exercises under the supervision of a certified fitness trainer or conditioning coach. The effect of any specific exercise on a medical condition should be determined by your health care professional. The suggestions here are in no way intended to substitute for medical advice.