- Standing with both feet shoulder width apart, hinged over at the waist, holding a dumbbell in one hand and a stable surface with the other.
- Slide your shoulder blade toward your spine and then lift the weight to your body by driving your elbow to the ceiling.
- Return to the start position and repeat for prescribed number of repetitions.
- Switch sides and repeat.
- Move the shoulder blade, not the arm, to initiate the row.
- Keep the elbow close to the body as it passes the rib cage.
- Keep back flat and knees slightly bent.
You Should Feel It
- Working your upper and lower back, shoulders, and hips
© Core Performance
Abbott Nutrition strongly recommends that you consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program and perform exercises under the supervision of a certified fitness trainer or conditioning coach. The effect of any specific exercise on a medical condition should be determined by your health care professional. The suggestions here are in no way intended to substitute for medical advice.