- In a split squat position with hips perpendicular to the machine, inside knee off ground 2 - 4 inches, and outside foot forward.
- Holding rope handle with both hands from low cable position.
- Turn shoulders toward the machine, keeping the chest up and stomach tight.
- Pull the handles toward the chest while turning the trunk away from the machine as the hands push up and away.
- Return to starting position and repeat.
- Keep your chest up and your back flat.
- Keep your inside elbow up as the handle reverses during the pull, making sure the cable comes underneath your arm.
- Your back should be to the machine at the end of the movement, with your back glute contracted (tight).
- This exercise combines the familiar movements of an upright row and incline press.
- Lower in the same pattern as you lifted.
You Should Feel It
- Working the hips, torso rotators, upper back, chest, and shoulders.
© Core Performance
Abbott Nutrition strongly recommends that you consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program and perform exercises under the supervision of a certified fitness trainer or conditioning coach. The effect of any specific exercise on a medical condition should be determined by your health care professional. The suggestions here are in no way intended to substitute for medical advice.