- Lying on your side with your forearm on the ground under your shoulder, your feet stacked on top of each other
- With your body in a straight line and your elbow under your shoulder, push your hip off the ground, creating a straight line from ankle to shoulder and keeping your head in line with your spine
- From the bridge position, lift your top leg into the air as if you were doing a lateral jumping jack
- Hold your position for the prescribed amount of time
- Keep your body in a straight line and keep your stomach tight
- If this is too difficult, do individual repetitions - 1 repetition per 2 seconds
You Should Feel It
- In your shoulders and trunk.
© Core Performance
Abbott Nutrition strongly recommends that you consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program and perform exercises under the supervision of a certified fitness trainer or conditioning coach. The effect of any specific exercise on a medical condition should be determined by your health care professional. The suggestions here are in no way intended to substitute for medical advice.