- Stand with your legs in a split position, with your right foot forward about 2 to 3 feet.
- Hold a weight at your shoulder in your left hand.
- Drop your hips down and back into a split squat position.
- Press the weight overhead, then lower back down.
- Repeat all your repetitions with one arm before switching leg positions and repeating with the other arm.
- Contract the glute in your back leg throughout the movement.
You Should Feel It
- Working your shoulders, glutes, hamstrings, and quadriceps.
© Core Performance
Abbott Nutrition strongly recommends that you consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program and perform exercises under the supervision of a certified fitness trainer or conditioning coach. The effect of any specific exercise on a medical condition should be determined by your health care professional. The suggestions here are in no way intended to substitute for medical advice.