- Secure a barbell in a squat rack at about hip height.
- Lie under the bar and grab it with an overhand grip, your hands just wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Hang at arm’s length from the bar with your knees bent and heels on the floor.
- Keeping your torso engaged and your head in line with your spine, pull your chest to the bar.
- Pause, then lower yourself back down to the starting position.
- Do not allow your hips to sag.
- Your body should stay in a straight line from knees to shoulders.
You Should Feel It
- Working your upper back and shoulders.
© Core Performance
Abbott Nutrition strongly recommends that you consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program and perform exercises under the supervision of a certified fitness trainer or conditioning coach. The effect of any specific exercise on a medical condition should be determined by your health care professional. The suggestions here are in no way intended to substitute for medical advice.